Thursday, November 3, 2011

....Failing In Order To Conquer....

"You Will Not Let Fear Take Away Your Courage. You Are Strong. You Will Fight and You Will Succeed." - Dale King

Thank you. I definitely learned my lesson tonight the hard way. I'm not saying tonight's workout was tailored around myself and my negativity I've had lately, but I like to think it was. I'm glad I embraced the suck, walked in the gym and went through a two circuit workout and swallowed my medicine. It definitely allowed me to find myself and made me humble. I realized tonight that I have weakness and I will struggle, but it's these struggles that will make me better, stronger, and faster not only in the gym but in life. I also learned tonight that it's okay to have fear as long as you store it away and you don't feed it. 

It's never been easy for me to struggle and not complain about it, but like I mentioned earlier I realized tonight, "You have to struggle in order to succeed, you have to weakness to be strong." it keeps the balance. Kind of like Ying/Yang, they can't work without each other. Take a lesson from me, don't stay negative, stay positive. If you don't it will drive you insane and your negativity will begin to effect your everyday life, just not your performance in the gym. 

I want to add this also. Accept criticism. If you receive it from someone it's not because they don't like you it's because they care about you and want you to be at your best. You know, "Tough Love." This is something I actually do well. It makes me better. I just forget I have to struggle. Like I told Mo tonight, "Don't ever think you're going to hurt my feelings by telling me I'm doing something wrong. I accept it with open arms and I'll love you even more for it." Thanks Mo for keeping me positive and making me realize that everyone fails and everyone struggles. Thanks for the criticism too, I know you want me to at my best. We need criticism in our lives, it let's us know our weaknesses and improvements that need to be made .......like I said, you have to have one to have the other.

So what's my new goal? To be positive to take the negative and make it positive even if it takes me six months. I will conquer and you will conquer too. Just remember that no matter what shape you're in, the weight you use, the time it takes you, when it's over, despite what you have done .....you finished, you conquered the WOD and you're now ready for the next one. I tend to let this slip my mind to frequently and what happens? It turns into negativity, but no longer. It's all positive from here on out and not just at the gym either, at home, work, anywhere. I have to do this if I want to succeed. That's the only way. Like the poem says, "I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself." I can honestly say after tonight I don't and I never will again. 

So I learned my lesson tonight did you? The greatest part about the workout tonight though, in my opinion, was that it was designed for us to find our weakness, fear, our breaking point, courage and self-satisfaction. I just want to say how proud I am of myself and everyone else who embraced the suck, battled Goliath and ripped his freaking head off and stood victorious after it was over. That's what it's about, finishing, slaying the giant. I realized this tonight when I saw my Rogue Fitness shirt in the laundry. On the back there is a picture of David standing on top of Goliath's body with his head held high in David's hands. Yeah, it's pretty kick ass, but it delivered a message to my brain like a shock wave. We are all David, because at the end of the day, we conquer.










No comments:

Post a Comment