Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday PSKC Style...

Today at PSKC sucked... No other adjective describes it better than that. For me it was the worst workout yet. I knew what to expect physically after reading the white board, but was not prepared at all for it mentally. It was a true "gut check" to say the least and I have to admit, that for the most part of today "The Fear Dog" was winning. I too just want to confirm that puking up an Iced Cappuccino in your mouth and swallowing it is not recommended. F'N Wizard got me twice today! The second time I just dry heaved though so I guess that counts as half.

I hated today. Every minute of it and I wanted to quit, but when I looked around and saw everybody hurting as bad as I was I knew I was bound and determined to finish, despite how long it would take me. 
I just want to say to each and every person who suffered through the suck with me, thanks. Seeing everyone else sweating their butts off, making pain faces, and seeing The Fear Dog in their eyes reminded me that I wasn't alone and to keep battling. Today wasn't about time. Today was just about finishing, slaying "Goliath" and today's WOD was definitely that too. 
If you didn't get a chance to enjoy some good livin' with us this morning you definitely missed out!

I want to say that we all eventually get to a point where we get frustrated about our times, the weight we lift, the rounds we do, but we cannot and should not ever let that shit eat at us. When we walk out the door we should leave what happened in the gym, in the gym. It's like work, we should never take it home with us. It will eat at us every hour on the hour and leave us with a sour taste in our mouths if we let it and trust me I know from personal experience. As long as we give each workout everything that we have that's good enough. If we didn't think we did then the next time we step foot back in the gym make up for it. 

I would rather hear somebody tell me that they went as hard as they could for as long as they could then the other person telling me what their time was or what weight they used. It's all about pushing ourselves to the max and breaking down the wall. If we are drenched in sweat, making crazy ass pain faces, struggling from one rep to the next, and maybe even letting The Wizard get at us, chances are we are going at max capacity. Just remember that. It's took me a long time to finally realize that, but I'm glad I have.

Remember we all conquered today... Be proud of that if nothing else! In my opinion that should be the main goal when we walk in the gym..... To Finish. I can't say enough about how proud I am to sweat it out with each and every person at PSKC and how proud I am of each and every person who survived "Black Friday". Everyday I'm there I know that I'm growing healthier.... not just physically, but mentally, and it's because of all of you who keep me coming back. All of us should hold our heads high and stick our chest out for what we have and will accomplish, be proud and remember.... It doesn't matter where we finished. It mattered that we finished.

I'm glad I didn't quit or go grab the 35lb kettlebell like I kept telling myself I should today and it's because of you guys and gals I didn't. I'm glad you didn't quit either. You guys and gals are animals! Thanks PSKC members for keeping me strong!






No comments:

Post a Comment