Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another Year Comes To A Close...


This Halloween weekend brought happiness and sadness. I found happiness in Katelyn being the most beautiful Rapunzel ever for "Trick or Treat 2011 at Big Bear Lake Family Resort." Sorry "Real Rapunzel" but you don't hold a candle to how beautiful Katelyn looked! Absolutely I'm a proud father! Also special thanks to Shad Wooten for making such an awesome costume! Also to Stephanie and Nicole for making the hair, you girls are definitely crafty.

Katelyn received quite a few compliments on her outfit during her time trick or treating. Like every year, for the past 4, she came back with two grocery bags full of candy. I'm sure most of this won't be ate and will mysteriously disappear no longer to be found. No kid needs that much candy!

Big thanks to her big sister Nicole for taking her trick or treating. She isn't able to go Monday and wanted to be a part of the festivities so how could we tell her "No she couldn't take her?"

The sadness unfortunately came knowing that when Halloween comes the camping season comes to a close. I'll definitely miss the comfort of a campfire, friends, riding the trails, and sleeping under the stars every other weekend for the next five months. All good things come to an end though ....I suppose. This year just seemed to fly by so fast! I've always heard, "The older you get the faster time travels." I'm beginning to believe this to be true. It seems like yesterday Katelyn was just walking around the camper getting into everything and anything possible while a petrified dad chased behind her. My how she's growing. Here we are five years later and I'm already beginning to see her become her own, from learning how to operate the 4-wheeler and taking dad on rides to helping me chop wood and stack it. These are the memories I want her to have forever. I hope someday if God blesses her with children she can enjoy the times with them as I'm having with her.

We had a great weekend! Well, I should say just Saturday, seeing how the rain put a damper on things and caused us to stay home Friday. We finished our last meal at the camper with nothing else but a pot of chili. Definitely a favorite to any true American Camper! I also whipped up some Paleo Pumpkin Pie which was absolutely delicious! My wife however said it had to much of a pumpkin taste? So me being the loving husband I am I quickly reminded her that ....IT IS PUMPKIN PIE! I still get a chuckle thinking about that.

I had a great weekend and great year at Big Bear Lake Family Resort and I'm definitely going to miss it, but we will be back sooner than we think.




Here's another Paleo recipe for my family at PSKC. Hope you enjoy it!

Paleo Chili

7-10 Celery Stalks, Diced
1 White Onion, Diced
6 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2lbs of Ground Sirloin
1lb Spicy Italian Sausage
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
2 Tablespoons Dried Basil
1 Tablespoon Cumin
3-4 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
2(14 1/2oz) Organic Canned Dice Tomatoes
16oz Chicken Broth

Cooking
Sauté all your veggies in the oil. After that's done throw in the meat and brown it. After the meat is browned throw in all the spices. If you DON'T like spicy DON'T put the Cayenne Pepper in. You can thank me later. Add the Diced Tomatoes and Chicken Broth. Now simmer that awesome goodness. That's right, "Awesome Goodness," for 35 minutes. After that's done, taste it and if you think it needs more seasoning ....well put some more in it son!


No comments:

Post a Comment